Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59: The Week of Carnations

Ever since I quit my previous job, I promised myself to invest more time in making my apartment more domestic.  I have kind of neglected it for a couple of years, making it more of a place to sleep in than anything else.  Given that my current job no longer requires me to travel an average of four hours everyday, I had more time to pay attention to making it homey.  It takes effort, believe me.  Living in a one-bedroom flat that has very little exposure to sunlight can get a bit dreary.  Add the fact that my apartment is the old and rustic kind, and you sometimes really get the feeling of living in a box.  And no, the building I live in isn't charming.  Most of the time it's scary.  So, I make it a point to try and find ways to liven up my place. 

Flowers are the easiest way.  They're like make-up for a household.  They brighten up even your darkest corners, and they smell wonderful coming home to.  I try to get a bouquet every week, either at Salcedo Market or the grocery.  This week, it's carnations.  Every other day, I put the Flowers in the Window (Travis) to get them some sun.  I don't think I have a green thumb, but I may just not have it yet.

6 comments:

  1. ang pretty. i admire your independence. i wish i could live alone too pero magastos talaga. someday, sana. but for now, i'll live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mooncake: Magastos nga. Lahat na lang good for two. Walang solo. Hindi nga ko couple!

    I do think that living on your own is an experience people should do at least once in their life. Parang traveling. Makes you see things in a different perspective and forces you to grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live on my own! I want to have flowers in my windwow. At ang pinaka-importante in living alone: I want to have my own bathroom hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis love the flowers! Parang gusto ko din yang maglagay ng flowers so room kaso ang mahal ng flowers dito. Wala pa ko nakita na bilihan na mura lang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dianne: Haha... Tama! Ang wala na lang ako e bathtub. Para naman kasing kasya pa. :P

    @Joanne: Mahal ang flowers diyan? Sabagay, desyerto nga naman. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. agree agree. feeling ko din talaga kelangan maranasan ang ganyang level ng independence. ang mahal nga lang! pero ang sense of fulfillment, feeling ko ibang level.

    ReplyDelete