Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 43: For the Love of Shoes

I love shoes.  I love them so much that at one point, I owned over a hundred pairs (Yes, Imelda?).  I no longer own over a hundred pairs.  I have grown more meticulous when buying shoes.  I look more at a pair's durability and ability to hold me up when I need them.  Most of the time, my shoes would not fail me.  That's one reason why I love them.  They're very good friends.  They compliment me, too.  A good pair of shoes can make you feel good about yourself.  My favorite quote on shoes came from the manga Hana Yori Dango.  One character advised the heroine, "Wear good shoes, and those shoes will take you to good places."  It has truth to it.  My favorite pairs have accompanied me to every good place and moment I had in life. 

I chose the pair above, because I like brogues.  I like wearing men's items and making them feminine.  I've been called a tomboy because of it.  I guess, some people have never heard of the term 'androgyny'.  Also, since it's Valentine's weekend, the pair made a pretty good heart-shaped image hanging like that.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, a hundred pair! And I thought I already have a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wala na yung over a hundred pairs na yun. Yung iba nasira dahil hindi ko nagagamit. Yung iba naman pinamigay ko na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onga no. Bakit nga nasisira pag di nagagamit? Ang weird. Yung iba kong pairs binigay ko sa mom ko. Buti same size kami ng paa haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewan ko nga ba. Yung leather talaga, nagla-last. Pero yung synthetic leather nagbabakbak. Pati yung sneakers na hindi nasusuot. Kahit good brand, parang naggi-give up yung rubber. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these! i have yet to own a pair. pero wow, over a hundred before? so ilan na ngayon? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Debbie: Mga trenta na lang sila ngayon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this picture soo much! although it took a while bago ko narealize na shoes pala. heart lang na visualize ko from afar. haha. engot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @labellavita: I really wanted to make it look like a heart. Di ka engot, sis. You just have imagination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Wear good shoes, and those shoes will take you to good places."

    I love Hana Yori Dango! I <3 DomIno!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @pink: Hehe. I ♥ Hana Yori Dango. Classic na yata yung kwento niya para sakin. Kahit ilang version ang gawin nila, bebenta pa din sakin. :P

    ReplyDelete