Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 41: Year of the Rabbit

I did not get to take any picture specific for the Chinese New Year that passed.  There were days when I would take a picture, but it was either too early, too late, or too poorly taken.  I guess, this is me compensating.  It was a wonder getting Yan Yan today.  I miss the food from my childhood.

There was a fascinating thought that crossed my mind today.  Now that I'm all grown up, I seem to prefer doing things I enjoyed when I was younger than the things I've always thought would be cooler to do as an adult.  I often say that I'll always be half-eight years old.  There's a part of me that didn't grow up.  It got stuck in 1992.  Every now and then it comes out and reminds me she's so much more cooler doing her ABC than me dealing with a moody printer.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I miss my childhood days din pero I'm ok lang kasi I'm surrounded by children in our house. Nakakapaglaro pa rin ako haha I recently taught my nephew which is turning 3 this June ng Nanay Tatay gusto ko tinapay... haha Then I taught him to build a house from blocks at marami din siyang supply ng Yan Yan! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Hehe... Parang wala na kong nakikitang batang naglalaro ng Nanay-Tatay. Segue, napansin mo ba na napaka-morbid ng kanta ng Langit-Lupa para sa mga bata? "Saksak puso, tulo ang dugo..."

    Anyway, para nga kami mga bata kanina. Pumipili pa kami ng Yan Yan, bago namin kainin. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onga no! hahaha Syempre nung bata tayo di natin naisip yun.

    Wala na rin ako nakikita naglalaro nun kaya tinuturuan ko siya ng mga old school na games. May nagpipiko pa dito sa amin pero wala ng nagpapatintero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Favorite namin yan ng sis ko! While watching movies last Christmas, we were munching that. Tapos bago kainin, we would read the phrases aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dianne: Onga no? wala ng nagpapatintero? Which is sad. Isa siya sa paborito kong laro nung bata ako. :(

    @Jean: Ang kulit nung phrases. Di ko nga alam na may ganun na ang Yan Yan. :P

    ReplyDelete