Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52: Sunlight

Not my most perfect landscape.  But how can you ignore something as beautiful as this sunrise?  It's like the sun god saying Hello World (Lady Antebellum).  I'm not really religious, but whenever I see the sky lit with sunlight, or sparkling with the moon and stars, or filled with clouds, even dripping down rain, I feel as if it's God's way of telling me, "Well, let's have you watch this miracle again."  Sort of like a magic trick.  Only this one better than anything else.  And all I can do is stare in awe.

I remember always feeling a bit sad whenever I would hear people say that they have never seen a miracle.  It makes you realize how little we appreciate the miracles that happen everyday.  What about waking up everyday?  The sun still shining?  The moon still phasing?  Children?  I know it's cheesy, but I consciously try to live appreciating that I'm blessed enough to live in such a beautiful world.  It isn't easy, but with this conscious thought, I live working harder.  Trying to give back, in the ways I know of, to pay forward every blessing that I do not feel I deserve.

13 comments:

  1. ganda. nice view. magic hour right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. People are waiting for huge miracle without noticing that they're being alive is miracle itself.

    I haven't seen a sunrise yet. Puro sunset nakikita ko haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna Myleen: Thanks, sis! :)

    @Moi: Yep. Magic hour. Would you believe that's right next to my workstation? Ka-swerteng bata ko talaga.

    @Dianne: I used to prefer the sunset when I was younger. Nung tumanda na lang ako nagkaroon ng appreciation sa sunrise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are surrounded with miracles...it doesnt have to be the parting of pasig river.
    beautiful shot sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jean: Thanks, sis!

    @Chez: Agree! Appreciate your comment, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kimmy: Thank you! I hope I have given justice to a beautiful sunrise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very good. i like what you said about miracles. so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mooncake: Thanks! Dami din palang nakaka-appreciate that the world is full of constant miracles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice input sis & great shot too! for me, still being able to breath & see the beauty of things around us is a big miracle =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @clicknthoughts: Thanks, sis! Agree with that. :)

    ReplyDelete