Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 42: Banappled

Doesn't it look yum?  I promise you, it tastes even better.  I have always wanted to try Banapple at Ayala Triangle after hearing rave reviews about it.  I just never found the time.  After a long week of love-hate relationship with the printer, though, I figured I deserve a break.  My colleagues were playing ball at a court nearby, so I decided to drop by en route to wherever my taste bud fancied.  Turns out, Banapple was the only place open at 9am.  Well, there's BFast and Momo, but they didn't have the same appeal.

I got myself penne and my friend got the lasagna roll-ups.  They were both heavenly.  The servings, too, were man-sized.  I was already full halfway through my penne bowl, and I haven't even started with that cake yet.  However, glutton that I am, I couldn't possibly pass up the pretty slice of fruity goodness.  It was so good, it was sinful.  But it certainly felt like the right kind of wrong.

9 comments:

  1. I just ate Banapple's Banoffee pie the other night too! Di ko kinaya yung icing kaya yung bananas nalang kinain ko. Yep, bananas lang and the chocolates pero yung icing and graham cracker crust, iniwan ko haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate faith paulit ulit lang ino-order ko, cheesy penne, banoffee at home made ice tea. We love Banapple. Affordable, OK, at malaki ang serving ng food nila. Liit nga lang ng branch nila dito malapit sa abs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dianne: I liked it! Try ko yung ibang cakes nila next time.

    @John: I keep on forgetting that I should bring you to Kanin Club. Nasa Ayala Triangle din siya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mukhang yummy sis!! san nabili yung bannofee pie na kinain natin dati? or am i right in remembering na bannoffee pie yun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Joanne: Banapple nga yata. Di na ko sigurado. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i sooo love their cakes... the only downside is their limited space :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. @clicknthoughts: True. I heard the place is always packed, too. Andaming tao kahit na 9am lang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. parang ang sarap sarap. nasa list ko to of must-try when i get home yay! is there a specific branch na dapat puntahan or pare-pareho lang level ng sarap ng cakes nila no matter which location? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Debbie: Yung sa Ayala Triangle pa lang na-try ko kasi yun ang malapit sakin. Wala pa kong point of comparison. Masubukan nga yung iba. :D

    ReplyDelete