Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 60: After the Rain

March brought in the rain.  It felt like summer rain, too.  Maybe because it was just so hot the last few days.  It really smells like it's almost summer, and I like that.  It makes you anticipate for summer.  Which is simply fantastic because this country has the best summer in the entire universe, hands down.

Although, I'm probably one of those people who actually like the rain.  I don't like flood, which is an after effect of heavy downpour, but I like drizzling rain.  The ones you get before or after summer.  The kind that comes with a light breeze and leaves a rainbow after.  I like how people move after a rainfall, too.  The closing of umbrellas and the slow progressive movements.  Kind of like awakening.  I like the little puddles in the gutter and the glistening pavement.  It must be the romantic in me, but the aftermath of a rainfall feels like poetry in motion.  It's really like watching something somber turn luminous.  Because believe me, after the rain, would always come the sun.

Nearly summer rain song: Raincoat (A Passing Rain) Tearliner

7 comments:

  1. I love that familiar feeling after the rain. Nung bata ako pag tapos ng ulan lumalabas ako agad ng bahay tapos lahat parang ang linis. Fave ko rin ang ulan pag nasa bus ako, sarap mag-emote habang nakatingin ka sa labas at sa salamin. hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rain, but I hate mud. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rain too. I like it better kasi ayoko ng mainit talaga. Which is bad for me kasi I'm here in the middle east. It's starting to heat up na nga eh :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love drizzle lang haha Wag rain. When it rains kasi, I feel like gloomy na rin ang feelings ng mga tao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @John: Yep! Parang cleansing. :D At oo, pang-videoke moment ang ulan in a moving vehicle. Hahaha...

    @gwacie: Don't like mud, too. :P

    @Joanne: Dati, mas gusto ko ang ulan. Ngayon, equal dibs sila ng sun. :)

    @Dianne: Ewan ko ba pero hindi ako nalulungkot pag maulan. Minsan melancholic, pero not necessarily malungkot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like rain...when i'm home. lol. some days, i need it though. like when i'm really depressed, i need it to match my mood. if i'm lonely and it's hot, humid, sunny-i feel like the universe is giving me the finger. lol. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @mooncake: Bad trip yun, sis. Parang nag-conspire pa ang universe para lang asarin ka.

    ReplyDelete