Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 53: Waiting for a Yellow Cab

This one wasn't made with technique.  It was more of an accident, really.  I made a spur of the moment decision to buy sandwich from Yellow Cab on the way home.  While waiting for my ciabatta, I realized that I haven't taken a photo for the day.  The counter became my subject.  I thought the shot was ruined when one of the crews crossed just as I clicked on the shutter.  It turned out better than I expected, though. 

Notice the focus it gives on the two crew members working behind the counter?  I love the contrast they make with the blurry one smack in the middle.  It makes you feel the movement, or at least that's what it does for me.  The overhead lights give it a really nice frame, too.  And the ciabatta was not bad, either.  Not that they kept me waiting for a long time, but it was worth the wait. :)

LSS: Stitches and Burns (Fra Lippo Lippi)

5 comments:

  1. This is what happened to me last night too. It was already 10pm when I realized I still have not taken a photo. Good thing I was out buying at Starbucks haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Ako naman, buti na lang at nagutom ako. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I miss yellowcab. wala kasing yellowcab dito. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can imagine the middle crew hurriedly taking orders from famished clients...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pink: Aw... Pag-uwi mo, sis. :)

    @hopeej: She crossed to get me a magazine while I waited. Nag-sorry siya after kasi di niya napansin na nagpi-picture ako. The crew in that branch was really pleasant. :)

    ReplyDelete