Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36: Never Gonna Leave This Bed

This came out as a semi-self portrait of sorts.  I was so sleepy, I took it lying down.  I liked the output, though.  It reminds me of the Murakami story, After Dark, and the portrait that goes with it.

I had planned to do a lot of things this weekend.  I ended up changing a whole lot of them because I spent most of Saturday sleeping.  I didn't even realize that I slept through the entire day until I woke up hungry.  I'm beginning to realize my partiality to black and white, though.  I need to take pictures of more colorful things.  A fascinating thing about this is that I've been listening to Maroon 5's Never Gonna Leave This Bed the entire week and had thought about having it as a theme for a photo.  I never had anything accurate in mind until this.

9 comments:

  1. I took advantage of the holidays also and stayed mostly at home... resting and eating.

    I do love your shots, sis, both B&W and Colored. And I really like the way you write your posts, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @pink: Thanks, sis! I appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd call this a dramatic self-portrait. And I do like to sleep til noon on weekends, or at least until I get hungry, too. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Haruki Murakami nga!

    Yan din gawain ko ngayon and the bad part is when I wake up like around 1pm (pero 4am kasi tulog ko), I don't eat lunch na kasi di na ko nagugutom. I wonder why pero dinner na ko nagugutom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @gwacie: Parang alam ng katawan ko na weekend at hindi ko kailangan magising para pumasok. :D

    @dianne: Ako naman, madalas e disoras na ng gabi magising. Mcdo na lang ang may delivery. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis I noticed din na you like B&W shots. But all of your pictures are very artistic. Parang photographer ka talaga. You have a good eye :)

    And thanks for mentioning the maroon 5 song. I've been meaning to DL their latest album for a while now but I always forget. Pero now I've downloaded it na :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @joanne: Thanks, sis! :) I like their new album. Favorite ko yang song na yan. Kabisado na yata siya ng kapitbahay ko dahil paulit-ulit kong pine-play. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your pictures and your words. but yep, may murakami feel nga ito. i haven't read after dark. is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @mooncake: Thanks, sis. :) Yep, maganda ang After Dark. O baka partial lang ako kay Murakami.

    ReplyDelete