Monday, May 16, 2011

Day136: Coffee Will Make It Better

My morning cup to start it right.  I hope.

It's depressing that I can't eat properly.  The weird feeling of having some foreign object stuck on your teeth, the difficulty with speech, the required extra maintenance, the feeling of having your teeth being constantly pulled, I can deal with all that.  I have a high tolerance for pain.  It's not the pain that's depressing me, though, it's the not eating that's depressing me.  I'm used to eating meat.  Lean, fatty, crunchy.  The kind that will block your arteries in the long run.  Now I miss them.  So much, it's almost painful.  I can't even eat the croutons in my soup without softening them up.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to really find an alternative for the time being.

I need more coffee then.

17 comments:

  1. being a huge coffee lover myself, i have to agree that sometimes it feels like drinking a cup in the morning (right before starting work) makes the day a lot more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @silentbleeding: Yep, it does. I cannot start my day without coffee. Hindi kasi ako morning person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... but you will eventually get to eat meat, right?

    Tiis tiis lang sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I cannot start my day without coffee, too. And I hope you get to eat meat soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis how long before you can go back to eating meat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. my bestfriend is a coffee addict.. sumasakit ulo niya without coffee a day.. hanggang frappuccino lang ako.. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dianne: I got to eat naan today. Progress!

    @Pink: Thanks, sis! :) Coffee made it more tolerable.

    @Joanne: Not sure. Sabi nung friend ko, it took him 24 hours for him to eat solids comfortably. He lied to me! :P Di ko alam kung gaano katagal. Pero hopefully, not too long.

    @mango_shake: Mainit ang ulo ko kapag hindi ako nag-kape. As in. Masungit. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss coffee too. And eating sweets. Being restrained from eating your usual (or comfort) fare sure sucks big time. =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @blackshirt13: Don't I know it. I don't know how you avoid ice cream, though. I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. life begins after coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @southpaw: Haha... That is so true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. parehas kaso sis.. :) idk what's wrong with me.. bakit hindi ako maaddict sa coffee.. i wanna be like you.. baka sakali i can go on without breakfast.. my friend kasi ok lang siya walang breakfast basta nagcoffee.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @mango_shake: There's nothing wrong with you, sis. It's healthier to have breakfast, than simply have coffee. Those of us who live by coffee start the day with neurons. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also miss coffee. Recently, I'm happy with those 3-in-1 coffee mix. Just add hot water and voila! Starbucks (& seattle's best) seems miles away from me due to practical reasons. Nagtitipid ako. Nyahaha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Reggie: 3-in-1 masaya na ko. Kape sa vendo, masaya na ko. Wala talaga ko pakialam sa brand. I just need coffee. :D

    ReplyDelete