Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 145: Unwritten

My journal since 2007.  My mother gave it to me as a moving out gift.  If there is such a thing.

This was supposed to chronicle my life since I started living on my own.  I have diligently kept a journal ever since I was eight.  It's interesting that I am not sure where the other volumes are anymore.  Unfortunately, I haven't written much of my thoughts for some time, even when I have enough to write about in the last four years.  I know, I should have filled this with entries to the last page, but it's just so much more difficult to write in this age.  The last entry was dated January of this year.  I haven't written anything in it since.  I didn't have the time, but that doesn't mean I neither had the inclination.  Hopefully, I can devote more time being able to put my thoughts on paper.  Sure, I have this blog, however, there is something about journal writing that allows you to put more things in perspective.  Maybe because it takes you slower to write things down than to type them.  It allows you more time for introspection.

I guess it makes sense that this is the song that goes with it: Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)

9 comments:

  1. when i was a kid i used to write in a journal too, well actually i have a notebook where i write my poems which somehow works as my journal. now i just write in my blog whatever thoughts come into mind. although you're right, there's something about putting your thoughts into paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a journal until my aunt read it. Yikes! Buti bata palang ako nun haha Wala na ngayon pero I have this book where I keep my thoughts. Yung sobrang overwhelming talaga sinusulat ko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a journal back in college days. I had the chance to read them again before I eventually threw them in the garbage. Nakakatuwa because I was naive back then, clueless about what's in store in the future for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too enjoyed writing in my journal when I was in high school, that's why i gave my daughter one on her last birthday so she can also get to experience the joy of writing out what's on her mind..

    ps: i love NB's Unwritten up to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @silentbleeding: I also write my poetry in my journals. Come to think of it, I wrote poetry before I wrote prose...

    @Dianne: Haha... Ako naman, nabasa ng ate ko na nabasa ko yung diary niya nung bata kami. :P

    @Reggie: I enjoy reading my old entries. My ignorance back then is just incomparable. At least, it's proof that I'm wiser now. I think.

    @tetpalomares: I hope your daughter enjoys writing her thoughts, too. I think kids should read and write more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA!!! Sobrang nakakatawa naman yan sis Faith.

    I have some writings nung kabataan ko pa, susmio! Ang babaw at parang ewan lang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dianne: Yep, sis. At syempre, nag-away kami. :D Tumigil na siyang mag-diary. Ako naman, nag-lock na ng diary ko. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's the reason why i don't keep a journal.. napapraning ako! feeling ko nababasa ng nanay ko.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @mango_shake: Haha... Ako, I keep a journal kasi gusto kong nababasa yung mga iniisip ko ngayon in the future. Minsan, may mababasa ako tapos nare-realize ko ang inutil ko talaga dati. :D

    ReplyDelete