Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 123: Sanctuary in the Blue Hour

I initially posted my siomai dinner thinking I wouldn't have the time to take another photo.  However, my brain still refuses to accept that I should be asleep at night.  So, I decided to head out in the blue hour.  Why waste an hour of good light staring at the ceiling trying to sleep, right?  This is St. Paul the Apostle's Sanctuary at 5:00AM.  I took a photo of this on my 100th day in the project from my window.  I figured, I can give it another view this time.

This entire move to the morning shift is really weird for me.  I try to get up a couple of hours before work, but by 7:00PM, I start yawning.  Normally, after working through a night shift, I can still stay awake for a few more hours.  This time, though, I just feel really sleepy all the time.  Then I wake up in the wee hours of the morning trying not to hate a normal life.

I need more sleep music: Song for a Sleeping Girl (Devics)

4 comments:

  1. Sobrang tagal mo na yata kasi sis na night shift, nasanay ka na talaga. It would take time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanne: Almost seven years, sis. Every time talaga na maa-assign ako sa morning shift, naguguluhan ako sa buhay ko. I guess, it does take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5am? ang liwanag na agad.. ang maganda sis if your nocturnal, naeenjoy mo ang mga lights around the city and the sunrise of course.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mango_shake: Yep, sis. Ang aga lumiwanag. :)

    ReplyDelete