Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121: Manila Harbor at Night

I need to work on my landscapes.  Still, I enjoyed taking this picture.  It was a day to revisit Manila.  Aside from the required trip I made the other day, I haven't really been to Manila for some time.  I love Makati, don't get me wrong.  It's my city of nostalgia and eternal wakefulness.  How can I hate the city I was born in?  Manila, though, has a charm all it's own.  It has a chaos that never falters.  I never realized how much I missed seeing the harbor, no matter how polluted it has become.  It'll always have the best sunset, and the melting pot mix of the good, the bad, and the evil.  I'm a sucker for bright lights in black background, and this was my favorite out of the entire set I took.  Manila is another City of Blinding Lights (U2) for me.  Knowing it is a love affair on it's own.

14 comments:

  1. Pretty shot! I wanted to practice din mga night shots kasi punta kami SG eh may malaking ferris wheel (SG Flyer) dun eh gusto ko yung magandang shot lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Thanks, sis! I wanted to capture it in the blue hour, but we were in Intramuros that time. Gabi na nung dumating kami sa harbor. Oh well, I'll find other chances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love night shots. I think it has more character especially if cam is on manual settings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot, Faith. Was this taken somewhere sa may Harbour Square?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good night shot of Manila :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @photoparjour: Yup. I love night shots, but I love the blue hour more. :)

    @Reggie: Tumpak, sis. Haha... We walked by the harbor, and I got some really interesting shots. :)

    @thenadette: Thanks, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis very nice shot! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Joanne: Thanks, sis! Glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. mukha siyang painting.. nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @mango_shake: Thanks, sis! I like that everything just looks illuminated. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Gwacie: Thanks! It was a lovely night to take a photo. :)

    ReplyDelete