Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 189: Waiting for the Sign to Change

On the way home, I took a random shot of these bikers waiting for the sign to change.

I have, at several times, probably waited for signs to show themselves to me.  Funny thing is, when I finally get them, I wait for them to change.  Particularly if the sign didn't turn out to be something I favored.  While walking home, I realized that there really isn't any use to waiting for the signs to change when they don't work for you.  You either make it change, or deal with the fact that you cannot change it.  Besides, your life cannot be ruled by the signs you wait for, or the absence of it.

I guess, what I'm saying is This Is Your Life (Switchfoot), you decide who you want to be.

6 comments:

  1. Speaking of signs, I had the chance to hear the mass in St. Pio Chapel in Libis. Tumatak sa isip ko talaga yung sinabi niya at kinilabutan pa ko. Effective si Father haha Anyway, si Father would always asked for sign from God if he is really meant to be a priest. On the day na magiging priest na siya, ang sign na hiningi niya sana daw may white roses. Turned out, puro red ang naka-decorate sa chuch but he still became a priest. He realized later on that he shouldn't ask for signs from God but instead he should be the one to give signs to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Parang ganun nga, sis. The signs we usually ask for just means that we need validation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You either make it change, or deal with the fact that you cannot change it. Besides, your life cannot be ruled by the signs you wait for, or the absence of it."

    I love this quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pink: Thanks, sis. Mga butil ng realization habang naglalakad sa ulan. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You either make it change, or deal with the fact that you cannot change it. Besides, your life cannot be ruled by the signs you wait for, or the absence of it."

    -I couldn't agree more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Reggie: A lot of truth in it, right? One of my realizations. :)

    ReplyDelete