Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 192: Cameo

I have a thing for cameos.  I think that the first time I liked a cameo was during one of the Lingo ng Wika in grade school.  We were, of course, asked to come in wearing a Philippine costume.  Back then, the easiest Filipiniana costume you'd find would be the traditional patadyong or the baro't saya.  I do not remember how, but there was a time when I ended up wearing a traditional baro't saya that looked straight out of a Noli Me Tangere set.  Complete with a lace fan, bakya, and a pretty cameo on a velvet choker.  My mother has patterned the entire costume out of a souvenir doll.  What can I say?  My mom has fantastic taste.

Ever since then, I have always been fascinated with cameo pieces.  Chokers, earrings, lockets, brooches, and sometimes even cuffs.  I do not get to wear these pieces often, though.  Maybe it's time to take them out of storage.

5 comments:

  1. haha winner si mommy! Kinareer niya costume mo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cameos too! I have just one though - a silver cameo bracelet that's one of my favorites to wear with office attire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dianne: Panalo talaga, sis. Whereas, mas gusto ko pang mag camisa de chino pero siya e kailangan kung baro't saya e yung pang-Maria Clara na. :D

    @gwacie: Ako naman, sis, kapag may nakikita akong cameo, parang lagi kong gustong bilhin. Pero pinipigilan ko na sarili ko. Hindi ko naman sabay-sabay masusuot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. sis, you can find nice looking cameos sa mga antique shops.. magandang i-collect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @photoparjour: The best antique shop for me is my mother's closet. The best thing about it is I can simply ask for what I want and I get it for free. :D

    ReplyDelete