Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 209: Sunset at Pearl Farm

Isn't it gorgeous?  This is what I love about going places.  You appreciate this beautiful world so much more.

Pearl Farm was next in the itinerary.  We decided to stay the night over at one of the Samal houses.  The place is absolutely beautiful.  This was the relaxing interlude of my vacation.  I feel like I could have stayed here for a long time.  I loved everything about it.  The house on the stilts facing the ocean.  Watching the sunset.  The food in Maranao Restaurant.  The house band singing Waterloo (Abba).  The privacy of Mandaya beach.  The electric car!  The sound of waves in the morning.  The flight of birds across the ocean.  The schools of fish beneath the veranda.  Everything is so beautiful.  Everyone is courteous.  I remember walking back to the house on my own from the restaurant and I was greeted by everyone I passed.  The staff, the gardener, the carpenters working on the renovation of one of the houses, the guests.  It was just lovely.

7 comments:

  1. Ganda sis! I am hoping to catch a sunset soon din :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis I heard na mababait nga mga tao sa Davao. Before kasi nung sa Pinas pa work si hubby, he had to travel for work and minsan napunta siya Davao. He was amazed with all the people he met there kasi super nice nga daw. Tapos pag sa cab daw, they will really give you sukli. Kahit walang barya, hihinto pa daw sa store yan para magpapalit kahit tipong piso lang sukli mo. Hehe.. Kaya tuwang tuwa si hubby. Ver nice people daw mga taga-Davao.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dianne: Ang ganda no? Yun din naman yung natutuwa ako satin. Maganda ang sunset. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanne: Totoo yun, sis. Ang babait ng tao sa Davao. Magalang, tapos very polite. Expected ko na sa resorts yung service, pero sa Pesrl Farm parang natural lang na ganun talaga sila.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad yu enjoyed Davao sis! For me it's home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Pink: Ang ganda ng Davao, sis. You must be proud of your home. :) Yung friend kong galing din ng Davao, ang sabi sakin e nakaka-relate na daw ako sa kanya. Kasi hindi daw siya sanay na bumiyahe ng tatlong oras para lang makakita ng magandang dagat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe... See. Gusto ko na tuloy magpabook ng ticket at umuwi. May direct flight na ang Tiger Airways from DVO-SG starting November! I miss the beaches.

    ReplyDelete