Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187: To Travel

This is my wish.  To travel.  I have an immense fascination with geography and cultures, even as a kid.  I would look at the world map I had for school and try to pronounce all of the countries' names.  I would pick a favorite country for a time and read books about it or watch movies set in it.  I'd pick out phrases in their language and try to pronounce them without sounding like a foreigner.

When I got my passport, I learned how to travel on my own and soak in a certain place's culture.  I enjoyed saying those practiced phrases.  I delighted seeing the people and watching them move.  I adored noticing the difference of the light in different places.  I loved trying their food!  I'm a firm believer of immersing ones' self in another culture.  Preferably, on your own.  It makes you discover so much about yourself, and makes you see the entire world in a different perspective.  Also, it makes you love home so much more.

Among everything I've done, nothing has taught me quite as well as traveling has.  The world is so much bigger than us, and it's so much more beautiful than we can imagine.  Traveling also has a way of making me feel so Alive (Melissa O'Neil).  Ever heard of that idiom that says your excitement is making you feel like you're about to jump out of your skin?  The feeling is similar when I travel, particularly to new places.  It's like a rush.  It can get pretty darn addicting.  That's why recently, I've been planning on trips to places I'd like to visit.  Ergo, the pushpins on the map.  I'm still figuring out which places to go to first in the next three years.  What I'm only sure of is Brazil in 2014. :)

12 comments:

  1. I like this post!!! Inspired na talaga ako mag-solo travel in the near future. Wag lang talaga magka-earthquake and tsunami.

    Goodluck sis! Sana may mapili ka na mapuntahan this year and I so agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Travelling adds spice to life. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dianne: Good luck din on your solo travel! :) I've decided to go to Davao by the end of the month. I realized kasi na hindi naman mahirap puntahan ang North para sakin. Pero hindi pa ko nakaka-apak ng Mindanao. :)

    @The Average Jane: Oh, yes, it does! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish ko rin to.. sana marami tayong ma visit na places = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @princessposh: Yep, sis. Sana nga mapuntahan natin lahat ng gusto nating puntahan. The world is too big for us not to travel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone can see the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis dahil sayo and sa mga other posts mo about travelling, lalo ako na-inspire to travel talaga. Before kasi, it's just always in the back of my mind. I'd love to do it but okay lang din kung hindi ko magawa. Pero now gusto ko na talaga magawa. Sana kahit once man lang may ma-travel akong isang dream destination ko. Or kahit hindi na dream destination, basta maka-travel lang somewhere totally new. I hope we all could make this wish happen someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Chew On This: I hope so, too! I hope everyone can see how beautiful it is. :)

    @Joanne: Good luck, sis! I hope you travel to the places you want to see soon. Hopefully, where you really want to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Sorry for the late comment. Uber busy lately.)

    I love your shot sis! :) I want to travel more also. How I wish travel expenses were cheaper & have the luxury of time to travel often & as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Reggie: Thanks, sis! Oo nga eh. Sana e mas mura ang airfare at travel tax. :D Pero all things considered, mas mura na ang pag-travel ngayon. When I started traveling, wala pang piso-fares. Budget airlines would cost you twice as much as they would charge now. Kaya I'm glad more people can travel now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so thankful you made this post, sis. Natutuwa talaga ako and i miss travelling so much. I have a high respect for people who love and value travelling, especially those na hindi lang yung ganda ng lugar ang binibigyan ng importansya but the culture also. Narerejuvenate nga ako kapag nagta travel. To all travelers out there, i recommend you watch Departures ( travel documentary show). ang ganda ganda talaga, lalo kayo maiinspire libutin ang mundo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @shoebox0fphotographs: Thanks, sis! I haven't seen Departures. I remember as a kid, when people would ask me what did I want to be when I grow up, I'd say international lawyer. With the premise that kasama sa trabaho ang travel. Haha..

    ReplyDelete