Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 195: Coffee Passport & Eco-Friendly Sleeve

Coffee has always worked well with doughnuts.  Oftentimes, doughnut shops would have good brewed coffee.  The Krispy Kreme in our office building is no exception.  Starbucks is getting fierce competition from this brand for me.  This Coffee Passport is a promo that allows you to collect stamps on every coffee purchase and get freebies at certain milestones.

One of my favorite thing about this brand is how they support and initiate means to lessen carbon footprint.  I was fascinated with their coffee sleeve when I first saw it.  It wasn't your usual cardboard sleeve.  It looked like it was made of some kind of cloth. The print on the edge of it, though, says it's made of 100% recycled bottles and encourages consumers to reuse on their next cup.  I thought that was brilliant!  I've been trying to drop by before they close to get my daily dose of caffeine to get my engine on gear.  Mind you, the coffee's pretty good, too.  Knowing you're contributing to an initiative to go green is an added bonus.

Playing: Somebody Like You (Keith Urban)

4 comments:

  1. Naalala ko nung bata pa kami, nagnanakaw kami (younger brother) ng coffee para matikman namin. We were so fascinated kasi with adults drinking it tapos bawal pa siya sa bata. Pero ngayon, I don't drink coffee at all haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Haha... Ako naman e nahilig talaga sa kape kahit nung bata pa. Kaya siguro di na ko tumangkad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I go home I'll try Krispy Kreme coffee. Too bad it was still "soon to open" when I went home last month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pink: Sayang, sis. Their coffee is pretty good. At may hustisya naman yung presyo. :)

    ReplyDelete