Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 188: Wicker

I love wicker.  I use them to furnish my apartment.  I like their texture and their earth tones.  I've slowly been furnishing my apartment for the last few months, and have been successful in making it look more like a home and less like a halfway house.  I've been partially obsessed with getting furniture and appliance in here.  The wicker baskets have been great accents to the the entire place.  They somehow soften the hard edges of my wood and wrought iron furniture.  They also make great laundry baskets and storage for clothes (those clothes you keep and only take out when the weather gets cold).

I need more of them, though.  I'm trying to get rid of all the industrial plastic I have.  I'm beginning to have an aberration to plastic.  So, maybe I should visit Dapitan for good wicker material Soon (Moonpools and Caterpillars).

10 comments:

  1. I only have one wicker basket here, taguan ko din ng damit pero I am obsessed with real wooden furniture. Nagkalat na kasi yung laminated at ang hirap maghanap ng wood talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. looks like it can store quite a huge pile of clothes. where do you get these? how much does it cost if you don't mind me asking, sis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis nice wicker baskets nga! Mukhang much nicer nga siya to store dirty clothes noh? Right now kc we're using plastic nga. Mukhang mas earth-friendly nga pag ganyan plus they look much nicer pa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dianne: I like wooden furniture din. Before I got my dining set/breakfast table, ang gusto kong dining set e parang picnic table na may wooden benches. Siguro when I have a bigger place na. :)

    @mydailycapture: I got these ones from Shopwise. They were on sale, so I got them dirt cheap. If I remember correctly, they were no more than 200Php a piece. Sa Dapitan nga daw ganun din ang presyo. Kaya gusto kong puntahan. :)

    @Joanne: Yep. I'm trying to lessen the plastic that I use. If I do get plastic, I reuse them. Lessen carbon footprint and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of plastics, ang sama ng tingin sa akin ng mga taga-SM pag inaayawan ko yung plastic nila. I mean kung kasya naman sa bag mo yung binili mo, wag ka na humingi ng plastic. Pilit sila ng pilit kahit sabi ko na sayang nga sa plastic eh ang liit lang naman nung binili ko. Other stores naman appreciate na di mo na papabalot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dianne: Talaga? Hindi ko pa naman na-experience yan sa SM. Meron kasi ako laging dalang cloth bag. Kapag napabili ako, dun ko na pinapalagay. Wala pa namang sumama ang tingin sakin. Pinapa-bag ko lang kapag hindi kasya sa bag ko.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice baskets sis!! at mura nga!! Check ko rin shopwise dito kung meron ganyan...sana meron pa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @silverbarrow: Yep, sis. I remember thinking I will never get wicker baskets this cheap anywhere else. Except, maybe, Dapitan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminded me of my elementary project in our industrial arts class -- my fave subject. We did stuff like this -- waste basket, fruit basket, native lamps... I miss those days. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Pink: Naalala ko din yun. Pero mas madalas kaming ipa-cross stitch nun. All-girls school kasi, mas madami kaming tinatahi. :D

    ReplyDelete