Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 165: Skies Are Bluer

It's just about time to check my start of the year goals and write down my mid-year goals.  The skies are looking bluer and I've been thinking about my blue-sky dreams.

Blue-sky dream, they say, are those visions you have of an ideal life.  Since, I do not necessarily believe in the concept of ideal life, I have pocket blue sky dreams.  These are visions I have of parts of my life and how I want to live them.  One of them, is to live in a country with a language I do not understand long enough to soak in the culture and short enough to be considered a visitor.  Sort of like an affair.  With a place, though, instead of a person.

The first place that came to mind when I thought of this was Prague.  Which is fascinating, because Prague is not at the top of my list of "Places to Visit".  My first two would be Japan and Italy.  Somehow, though, Prague appeals to me as a place where I can be on my own.  I imagine walking the bridge towards the castle.  I imagine taking pictures of the hundred spires.  I imagine sitting at a cafe on the square watching the clock turn.  I imagine listening to the sound of words I do not understand around me.  All these things I can imagine doing on my own.  The other places I want to visit, I think of them and imagine I'm with company.  Family, friends, beloved.  Prague, however, is like a city I can enjoy on my own.

Care to share your blue sky dream?

8 comments:

  1. I love looking up and seeing the sky so clear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis I love your pocket blue sky dream. I hope you accomplish is someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Nice question. I'll think of my "blue sky dream" but it would also be similar to yours - travelling (perhaps to Johannesburg, South Africa).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chew On This: Me too! I love clear blue skies and fluffy clouds.

    @Joanne: Sana nga, sis. Hopefully in five years time. ;)

    @Reggie: Uy... Parang masaya din yun. Pero, hindi kasi ako ma-safari. City, beaches and mountains. Di ako masyado mahilig sa jungle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Invite mo kami sa house mo ha pag nasa Prague ka na hehe

    My blue sky dream is to travel. Kahit saan basta maka-travel lang. Masaya na ko. Portugal naman palagi ko naasa isip. Ewan ko pero yun ang gusto kong puntahan haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dianne: Kung magtatagal ako dun, sige ba. :) Portugal. Lisbon, sis?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dianne: Sensiya na po. Makikisawsaw lang. Lisbon is nice but expensive ang mga bilihin dun. IMO, Spain is better and cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Reggie: Barcelona, sis? I also want to see that place. That and Andalusia. :)

    ReplyDelete