Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 164: Coffee and Banoffee

Venti Mint Mocha and Banoffee Pie courtesy of my current class.  They did the Sweetest Thing (U2) today.

I came to work not intending to let people know it was my birthday.  I have this habit of not really telling, you see.  I do not have very good social skills.  When people compliment me or greet me on special occasions, I feel unsure of how to react.  So, I avoid all of that by not telling people it's my birthday.  Since a lot of the folks I work with have known me for some years, they kind of shared to everyone else.  It somehow reached my class, who I've only been with for a week.  I thought I had manage to isolate them since we're on a separate floor from the rest of my team.  I obviously didn't know any better.  They've been really sweet, getting me my favorite Starbucks drink and the banoffee pie during break.  Not only that, they also filled the cup with post-it notes with their greetings.

My team also got me cake, which we technically did not get to eat.  I got cake and a tiara.  The tiara is something we pass around.  It goes to whoever is the birthday celebrant.  I also took a picture of it, since I spent the day walking around with it.  I'll be passing it to the next celebrant.

Look who's playing princess on her birthday.
This turned out to be a pretty surprising birthday.

17 comments:

  1. (belated) happy birthday sis!!! yummy... Banoffee Pie. i like! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @silentbleeding: Thanks, sis! It was yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang sweet ng class and officemates mo sis.

    I can somehow relate pag binati ka in person ng ibang tao on your birthday. Hirap di ako mag-react haha

    Happy Birthday ulit sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey! another Gemini!
    Happy Birthday Sis!

    Myealexis

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dianne: Salamat, sis! :) Ang kukulit nga nila. Ewan ko bakit hindi ako kumportable sa ganun.

    @Mye: Gemini ka din? Hehe... Either malapit na birthday mo o tapos na. Happy Birthday din. ;) Thanks, sis! :)

    @tetpalomares: Thanks, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! happy birthday sis! ilang taon ka na? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @em.em: Thanks, sis! :) A bit past quarter-life, sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!!!!! :)

    You are so lucky to be surrounded with schweeeeet people! Stay happy!

    color_violet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sis, belated happy birthday! Sorry sa late na pagbati. Hehe! More blessings to come to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Sis Faith!!
    Hope you had a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. お誕生日おめでとうございます!
    Happy Birthday, Sis! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday ulit sis! That was really nice of your class :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated happy birthday Faith! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @color_violet: Thanks, sis! I feel blessed being surrounded by people who bring out good things in me. :)

    @Reggie: Salamat, sis! Ayos lang kahit late. :)

    @Mye: Thanks, sis! It was a pretty good birthday. Even if I wasn't expecting much out of it. :)

    @Pink: Let me guess... Otanjoubi Omedetou? Arigato, sis! ;)

    @Joanne: Salamat ulit. It was very sweet of them. They were great. :)

    @blackshirt13: Thank you, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated happy b-day sis... ang cute ng tiara.. heheh

    ReplyDelete