Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 155: Life Is Funny

I could not agree more with whoever vandalized this wall in UP.  It may not have been the best medium to express his/her opinion, but it has it's merit nevertheless.  I attended a socio-civic movement meeting on child's rights, and that's what brought me to UP.  This was one of the most fascinating things I saw today.

I believe that God is an outstanding comedian.  He has a way of humoring me, and the rest of the world it seems.  There are times when you sit back and think that majority of what you have in life did not turn out the way you planned it to.  I have this insane imagery of God sitting somewhere saying, "You Can't Always Get What You Want (The Rolling Stones)".  Think about it.  You've probably heard this a whole lot of times; 'I don't have the job I want' or 'I'm not with the one I really love' or 'I'm not where I want to be'.  A lot of regrets and a lot of discontent.  I guess, we all have that.  Maybe not regret, per se.  More like things you could have done better, or wiser decisions you could have made.  What's funny about it is, even if we do not get the things we wanted or planned for, we somehow end up getting what's right for us.  At least, that's how it works for me.  That's why I think God is a comedian.  Once you realize how much His plan makes more sense than yours, you end up laughing.

12 comments:

  1. I miss UP!! Bakit parang marami pumupunta UP ngayon? Pansin ko din sa FB ko..I had to think kung ano event meron din eh May pa lang. Usually marami pumupunta around Feb pag UP Fair.

    Anyways, tama ka jan sis. I have regrets din but I can't really complain. Plus, I'm one of those who believes everything happens for a reason. Or that everything is part of His plan. I know I make my own decisions and hindi ko naman dinedepend lahat up to him. But if ever something doesn't go the way I want it to, I just think God has a reason behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanne: Dun lang kasi yung venue ng meeting. Kumain kami sa Chocolate Kiss, pero di kami nakakain ng isaw.

    It's funny how things turn out lang. I do not remember planning for my life this way, pero all things considered, I turned out okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I don't feel the same way. :D I think life is making fun of me ehehe! And I don't find that funny at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis lam mo ba in all my 4yrs sa UP, once lang ako nakakain sa Chocolate Kiss and I only ate fries. Tragic I know. It's such a staple in UP. Kaso lang mahirap lang ako nung college and medyo pricey sa Choc Kiss. I could afford it naman kaso I chose to spend my money somewhere else. Plus si Den hindi mahilig sa mga ganyan. Mas gusto non that time carinderia! Hahaha :p Pagbalik sa Pinas kakain nga ako sa Choc Kiss :) And sayang sis hindi mo na-try ang isaw. Tikman mo yung sa tabi ng College of Law. Yung yung dati sa tapat ng dorm namin sa Ilang and for me mas masarap yun kesa dun sa tapat ng Kalayaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naku, I miss UP because of this post. Though I'm not a graduate of UP, I attended some Crea-Wri classes there and did a few "lectures" for a special 1-day course (I forgot what they call it).

    I haven't tried the isaw though pero I've been hearing that its good. I have a niece who travels all the way from ADMU just to eat isaw in UP. Ako naman, fave ko yun mga kainan sa Coop (andun pa ba yun?). That was a long, long time ago. May friend kasi yun Tatay ko who has a house in UP so we visit there often. As for Chocolate Kiss, masarap! Thankfully, they have a branch in Roces Avenue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chew On This: Ah well, to each his/her own. Sometimes, it's humor is irritating.

    @Joanne: Seryoso, sis? Pinagtalunan pa namin to kahapon kasi nilipat na pala siya sa 2nd floor. Kung tama kasi alala ko e sa 1st floor siya ng Bahay ng Alumni. Masarap pa rin ang food. :D Gusto kong balikan yung Beach House. Kapag nagkikita kami ng kaibigan ko dati, dun kami kumakain. :D

    @Photoparjour: I didn't graduate from UP either. My high school barkada ended up in different schools, and we would have university trips. We'd go to each other's schools and eat where everyone else ate. That's why I'm familiar with the best food trips around campuses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true!
    Minsan pa kapag yung nasunod ang gusto mo mas palpak. Kaya ako pag di pede, di ko na pinipilit. Hanggang 2 tries lang then pag wala talaga, pinapabayaan ko na. Then later on marerealize ko kaya pala di binigay sa akin kasi mas may magandang opportunity na darating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sis Faith pati Beach House once lang ako nakakain. Ano ba yan parang ewan lang. Board and Lodging kasi ako all 4 years so bihira ako kumain sa labas and kung sa labas man, usually sa mall na.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Myealexis: Madalas, hindi ko napapansin that things are turning out differently. Nare-realize ko na lang on hindsight. :)

    @Joanne: Haha... Ayos lang yan, sis. Sulit pa din naman ang college life mo, malamang. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a unique writing on the wall. I do not always agree with it, but sometimes it doesn't hurt if we take things lightly (I mean not too seriously).

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a good vandal for me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Reggie: Yep. They do say not to take life too seriously. No one get out of it alive, anyway. :P

    @Pink: Agree. Natuwa pa ko sa kanya.

    ReplyDelete