Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9: Comfort Food


Champorado is one of my favorite comfort food. I crave for it whenever the weather's cold, just like Sunday was. I ended up having Tapa King deliver champorado to my doorstep.
The best champorado I've tried was from Max Brenner. Unfortunately, they stopped serving it for some unknown reason. I went there with my sister last month and the lady I ordered from looked very weirdly at me when I asked for champorado. You know what it feels like when you look forward to tasting something and finding out you never can anymore? It was frustrating. I think I spent several days after bugging my friends about my craving. I finally got my champorado fill at Tapa King before the end of the week. And they deliver! Don't that beat all!

2 comments:

  1. Tapa King has champorado pala? I just know what you mean. No matter how simple a food is, the sense of taste has a way of remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sis. I found out after asking my friends where else to get champorado. :)
    That's exactly it. My sense of taste hasn't forgotten the champorado at Max Brenner, and I last had it about five years ago. Para tuloy siyang "the one that got away." Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete