Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19: Journal Hoarder

I love journals.  I love them so much, I hoard them.  I've kept one since I was eight.  I do not get to consistently write in them, mind you.  It's just one of those things I never outgrew. 

When I was younger, writing was the only branch of art I felt confident about.  I couldn't always blend the right colors or draw a perfect circle.  I wasn't an exceptional musician, either.  But being always part of the school organ had to mean something.  I've always known that I can write.  When I joined the rat race, though, the passion I had somehow got pushed to the bottom of the priority list.  Things like real life and living got in the way.  Which is sad, because when I read my older journals they make me realize how arrogant and gullible I was when I was younger.  And I want to be able to read how stupid I can be today ten years down the line.  It, at least, would prove that I have grown wiser.

8 comments:

  1. i love journals too! but most of the time i do blogging as i have a little problem with privacy. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. yehey you're back!

    buti ka pa, gullible lang. i read one of my journals-sobrang stupid ng mga nakalagay. as in engs talaga. nakakahiya yung level. maybe i'll post a page out of it next time.

    i like your collection. i don't collect journals but you kind of make me wish i do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Journals until one day, my aunt found my journal and read it. Nakakainis! From then on, I kept all my thoughts to myself nalang haha

    Sometimes I wrote my thoughts on a piece of paper. Nung binalikan ko after a couple of years, hmmm... not bad ha haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ann: I blogged every now and then in the last 7 years or so. Yun nga lang, I have varied interests kaya parang wala siyang direksyon. :P

    @mooncake: Nakow, kapag binabasa ko sila, natatangahan talaga ko sa sarili ko. Meron din namang medyo profound, pero mas madami yung mabababaw na nung time na yun e sobrang big deal sakin. Kung makakausap ko yung sarili ko dati, sasabihin ko siguro, "Umayos ka nga." :))

    @heatherette: That's the beauty of living on my own. Pero, siguro dahil matagal ko na siyang ginagawa, hindi na din interesado pamilya ko na basahin sila. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @heatherette: Nakakainis talaga pag may nagbabasa. kaya minsan blog nalang o kaya kimkim nalang :D

    Ganun ata talaga when we look back to what we wrote, we're like "ako ba talaga sumulat nito??"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the "365 days" in pink too ^-^ but I don't do "journalling". I just want to nurse my thoughts inside me where no one can intrude into. In that way, I can only choose what to reveal and to whom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! love the 365 days in pink din..
    may green kaya nun hehehe!

    Used to have a journal pero sa notebooks ko lang sinusulat. I started when I was 10, tas on and off from HS and College. I still have my journals in HS and College, kakatuwa basahin! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was on sale in National Bookstore when I got it. Mag-isa lang siya at nakatiwangwang nga lang siya dun. :( I felt like I had to save it. :P I would have loved it in green, though. :)

    ReplyDelete