Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20: The Art of Reading Again

This year feels like a re-acquaintance of myself with little things I have probably neglected.  One of them is reading.  One of my blue-sky dreams as a child was to own a house with a library.  I spent contless hours in bookstores getting lost in the aisles.  Then, I tried building my collection as I grew up.  Like my journals, I would hoard books.  At some point, though, I just stopped.  I don't know what happened, maybe life and living again, but I just stopped.  From finishing 3-4 books in a month, I nearly finished a year without reading anything other than my e-mails and manuals.   

That's probably why I joined a book club with the interest of being able to read at least one book a month.  Another habit to revisit this year.  This is "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein.  I'd love to write more about it, but I guess I'll save that to when I actually finish it.  I'm halfway through, which is a good thing.  Having no laptop for three days allowed me to focus on reading it.

5 comments:

  1. Shucks, I haven't gone to reading this book! Nakakalungkot pero na-distract ako ng ibang books.

    Same here, I'd love to own a house with a library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost done, sis. :D Makakatapos na ko ulit ng libro. I'm so proud of myself. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Feeling ko di na ko makakasali sa 1st book club discussion haha Babawi ako next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about a third of this... then I got distracted by other books. hehe. I'll do my best to finish by the end of the month. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I think I can finish it this weekend. I'm enjoying it, so far. Enzo's really witty. :)

    ReplyDelete