Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31: End of Day

At the end of my day, this is where I find myself.  In front of a gate with wrought iron and partially peeling paint.  About forty square meters of personal space.   I've lived here for close to four years now.  Two years of which, on my own.  Yet it's still a work in progress.  Sort of like myself.

Living on my own was something that just happened for me.  It was never really planned.  That's probably why I'm just realizing that I should start properly furnishing my apartment.  I should have more than my poor excuse of a kitchen and an actual dining set.  I should have more than two sets of curtains and my iTunes to drown out the Sunday choir next door.  But no matter how incomplete it may seem, I would still find myself in front of this gate at the end of each day.  I would still love the collective wood, wicker, wrought iron and peeling paint.  The sunlight muted by my curtains, the church choir next door and the lack of a real kitchen.

After all, at the end of the day, This is Home (Switchfoot).

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you. One of my dreams is to live alone, get my own place. Ok lang walang dining set. I know a lady who has a house all to herself. She never, as in never, ever used her dining set. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "After all, at the end of the day, This is Home". I like this part. After living on my own for almost 8 years now, it's kinda weird since I now consider my place as Home and not the one where I grew up. Not the one with my family, sad diba? It's like a refuge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "After all, at the end of the day, This is Home". I like this part, too. I wish I have my own too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debbie: Feeling ko ganun mangyayari sakin kung sakali. Pero gusto ko lang ng dining set dahil lang gusto ko. :P Bratinella lang. At fridge. Close to a year na kong walang fridge. :|

    @John: Where I grew up is now my hometown. :P Sad, pero siguro this is really part of life. :)

    @Pink: Thanks, sis! :) Mahirap na masaya siya. In equal parts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you have a TV na :)

    I want to live alone too but the thought of cooking, laundry, paying the bills, just scared me but I am proud to say I am good at cleaning lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dreaming of this for a while. kaya lang mukang sa ibang nasa matutuloy yun if ever. =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dianne: Yes, sis. Naka-level up na ko. ;) Out of everything you said, paying the bills lang ang ginagawa ko. For everything else, I pay for the service. :P

    @Ann: Good luck, if ever, sis. :)

    ReplyDelete