Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 67: Blue Sky Dreaming

There's a lot of things I'm anticipating recently.  One, it's almost summer!  Despite the weather being completely unpredictable the last couple of weeks, I can stilll smell summer approaching.  The heat is beginning to get scalding, and the skies are getting bluer.  At least, from this vantage point it does.  I've learned to love summer because, other than the Christmas season, I think this season defines my country's beauty best.

Two, I'm closer to getting myself a real camera (misty eyes).  I love my N82 to bits and pieces, but I am definitely looking forward to playing with an actual lens again.  And yes, play.  I'm an enthusiast, not a professional.  In all those times I have taken random photos, I have really just been playing.  I have no real intent of going pro.  I only want to take pictures that I want to see. 

Three, I just found out that Cirque du Soleil is coming to Manila.  Oh.  My.  God....  That's a blue-sky dream, right there.  I have always wanted to see 'O' at the Bellagio, but Vegas is too far away.  When I was in Macau, I regret not being able to book tickets to see 'Zaia'.  My friends who've seen it say it isn't as good as the Canadian and Vegas Cirque du Soleil shows, but this is still CIRQUE DU SOLEIL we're talking about!  This is like the greatest performing acrobatic troupe in the world today!  So, finding out that they're bringing the grand chapiteau to Rizal Park in June is just plain phenomenal! (Insert more superlatives)

There are simply so many things to look forward to.  All of them just in time for the First of Summer (Urbandub).

6 comments:

  1. love the song! :)

    and hooray for summer! YEA! :)

    color_violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ako lang ata ang ayaw ng summer lol I like the idea of summer since it means walang pasok pero not the summer weather because I really hate hot weather.

    Pero ako rin, excited din ako sa Cirque du Soleil. I saw it when I was checking some tickets sa ticketworld (ata?) then natuwa ako!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @coolor_violet: Hooray for summer!

    @Dianne: I like the idea of summer better than summer itself. :D

    Super, super, SUPER excited! Gusto ko na bumili ng ticket. :D Tinawagan ako ng friend ko nung nakita niya yung billboard sa EDSA on the way home. Right after I took that shot, actually. :D Google naman ako, diba? Totoo nga! Weeeee!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis gusto ko din yang Cirque de Soleil! Sayang andito kami.. Kung anjan ako manonood din ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Joanne: Sayang nga, pero gagawa yata sila ng production sa Dubai, which is closer sa inyo. :)

    @Gwacie: Isa yan sa mga unang reaction ko, sis. Basta, para kong batang sinabihan na pupunta ko ngg Disneyland (which may elicit the same reaction from me, by the way). :D

    ReplyDelete