Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81: Buckle Up

I have to admit, I haven't really felt like I've been on the top of my game.  Sure, I did my tasks and probably other things in excess, but I somehow feel that I'm not working as hard as I used to.  That's partly a good thing.  I drove myself to the ground working for a long time, and it burned me out.  Now, when I seem to have lesser responsibilities, my arrogance seems to have gotten the best of me.  I tried to catch up with the things I felt I had to sacrifice at that time.  The reality is I chose to sacrifice them then.  Now that I have the chance to revisit all these things I didn't get to do, I got too happy. 

So, I haven't really delivered as much as I normally would have.  I want this to change, though.  Starting now.  One thing I truly want to rediscover is my ability to make a positive influence.  That's probably what I like best about my work, knowing you can make things change.  So, buckle up.  I'm Ready (Kelly Clarkson) now.

4 comments:

  1. When you put this into words, nakaka-relate ako! Now that the end is near for me, I wonder if I made the right choice. If not being able to exert more effort, not pushing myself to more than what I can do, how will it cost me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Kaya mo yan, sis. It's probably daunting right now because it seems like it's make it or break it. Either way, you decide whether you make it work for you or you break it until it works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pink: I hope in a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete