Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 74: Earth

I watched An Inconvenient Truth last year, and was completely alarmed with how much our climate has changed within the last century.  At the rate we're going, global warming can burn us all in approximately a hundred years or less.  Maybe even just about the time when I turn sixty.  And I don't want that to happen.  I want to have children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and great, great granchildren living in a green environment.  I do not live a perfectly green lifestyle, believe me.  I make a conscious effort to do, though.

I'm one of those who believe in giving back to the earth.  This is the only planet we live in.  It's an unbelievably beautiful gift.  I don't want to sound preachy, but I do believe it's our responsibility to take care of it.  If not now, then when?  If not us, then who? 

We start with the Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson)

7 comments:

  1. The earth has really taken its toll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying to live green but its hard because the people around me think I'm crazy doing this like explaining to them why you should unplugged all electrical sockets when not in used or use little water as possible and don't let the faucet run while you brush your teeth or wash your face. Those little trivial things seems unimportant but when you add it all up... and yet, they won't listen to me. Nakakapikon lang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jean: Totoo, sis. :(

    @Dianne: It's the vigilance that's difficult, no? Ang hirap kaya maging consistent, pero pag naaalal ko yung napanood ko sa Inconvenient Truth, E-effortan ko talaga siya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first step to being green was shying away from plastic bags, which are such a hazard in so many aspects. I bought my first Envirosax bag a couple of years ago and stopped using plastic bags ever since. I have since purchased a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @C: Nice! Kelangan talaga we all do our part to live a greener lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis Faith, true. Parang to them you don't make any sense at all. Odd one out nga talaga ako dito sa family namin haha No one recycles but me. Yung pwede ma-salvage, I recycle kaya nga diba tawag sa akin basurera haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dianne: Ang hirap nga, sis. Minsan kasama siya sa sermon ko sa class kapag madami nala-late/absent tapos kailangan kong bigyan ng memo. Ang akin lang, sayang sa papel. Ayaw naman nilang pirmahan yun. Ayoko din namang agpi-print nun. Wag na lang kasing ma-late, diba?

    ReplyDelete