Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 63: Eating Like the French

A friend told me once that I eat like the French.  This made me curious, since I don't really have any idea how the French eats.  So, I asked and found out that the French eats slowly and savors their food.  Apparently, I do eat like the French.  I love food, you see.  I love to enjoy it.  It feels like wasting food if you eat something and not savor it.  That's why I have always been a slow eater.  I've always been known to spend my entire lunch hour doing just that - lunching.  Eating and drinking is experiential, for me.  I do not even strive to become a food critic.  I mean, I think that salted french fries are one of the most divine things created.  What does that tell you?  You don't really have a food connoisseur here.  There hardly seems to be any bad food for me, to be honest.  Sure, I don't really like green, leafy vegetables.  They make me feel like a horse.  I will eat them, however, if they enhance the flavor of my meal.  Same thought on wine and other beverage.  I like picking out the ones that will make food taste better.

We all have the sense of taste.  I have never really heard of anyone having a taste handicap.  Maybe that's just God's way of saying you all deserve to enjoy your food.

8 comments:

  1. Sa UP ba toh? Anyway, you just made me crave for fries, something that I've been avoiding na. Order ako later ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me of another friend. My gosh, kahit siya yung nauna umorder, pinaka-konting order at naunang kumain, siya ang huli sa amin lahat matapos haha

    I am a picky eater kaya hirap na hirap ang nagluluto sa amin kung ano ang papakain sa akin haha But slowly, I am appreciating more food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ako ang laging naiiwan sa dining table, I don't know I think I need 30 minutes to finish my meal. I take time eating longer than I shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pomegranate: Ayala Triangle, sis. We ate at MoMo. :) Now that you've mentioned it, makapagpa-deliver nga. :D

    @Dianne: Ganyan ako, sis. Meron naman akong friend na exact opposite ko. Sa loob ng 15 minutes, nakakain na siya ng full meal at nakapag-washroom na din. Parang iniinom lang ang pagkain. Haha...

    @Jean: Matagal din akong mag-shower. Haha... Now that I think of it, I take an average of 2 hours to get ready for work. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that's what i have to learn-eat slowly. i love food too but i eat super fast. i can eat a full meal in 5-10 minutes, kasama na yung pag-init ng food.

    now i know why you're slim! hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mooncake: May kaibigan akong ganyan. Di ko kaya. Gusto ko kasi nalalasahan ko talaga yung pagkain ko. Pakiramdam ko dinadaya ko sarili ko kapag di ko man lang na-enjoy pagkain ko. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eating slow... I love food but I don't really care kung overcooked, etc. Kaya nga minsan ayokong may kasamang yung magaling magluto kasi di ko naeenjoy ang food. Ang daming comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pink: Madami naman akong friends na magaling magluto. Pero hindi sila mareklamo sa pagkain. Puro lang kami sarap-kain. Hahaha... :D

    ReplyDelete