Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 99: Under Yellow Light

My best friend is finally graduating from law school!  After graduation, she will have to focus on reviewing for her bar exams later this year.  Knowing that it's going to be tough to see her in the next few months, we decided to meet up.  The good old barkada.  Under this yellow light at Bugsy's, over beer and chicken tenders, we caught up on each other's lives.

Every time I see my old friends, we somehow end up putting our current lives under microscopic scrutiny.  Things we've done.  Things we didn't do.  Mistakes we've made.  Successes we've achieved.  All these and more.  I take comfort in knowing that over the last two decades, I was blessed enough to have a very strong support group.  If I look back at it, I can say that not everything I planned materialized.  But despite the fact that This Is The Future (Owl City) I did not expect, I'm still blessed to have ended up this way.  In those days when I've probably tested too many risky things, they managed to rail me in and bang my head on a wall while giving me an earful.  My best friend, in particular, is probably worse than my mom.  I still love her, anyway.  These friends, are an extension of my family.  We don't carry the same last name, but they're family to me.

By the way, congratulations is in order for Dianne, too.  I'm happy for you, sis!

4 comments:

  1. Awww... thank you sis! :)

    Ang bilis naman ni Stef mag-aral haha After graduation kagad.

    Thank you din sa support lalo na nung may depressing moments ako.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: May mga gagawin pa siya after graduation. Pero medyo matagal nga bago kami magkita-kita ulit. Napag-usapan din namin yung dress niya for graduation. Hahaha...

    Ano ba. Wala yun no. We all go through that. I was thinking dapat magkita-kita din tayo bago ka mag-simulang mag-review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang dress talaga ang important topic haha Yung friend ko nga rin nag-uusap kami about her dress.

    We should! Planuhin na natin haha Kaso parang tayong 2 lang ata ang pwede.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dianne: Try pa din natin. Kahit konti lang tayo. :)

    ReplyDelete