Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 105: Retail Therapy

This is my girly-time post.  When Forever 21 first opened in Manila, I wasn't really caught in the storm.  I looked forward to shopping at the store, with all the raves about it.  When I finally got to visit the humongous Megamall branch the end of last year, though, I left the store with nothing.  I thought, maybe because their target market is a younger audience.  Twenty-one, right?  So, I didn't actively try to visit their store anymore.

When their second location in Makati opened, I knew I would end up visiting.  I just didn't think that this time I would really find anything.  I went home after my first visit with items I really liked.  Over the course of this week, I kept thinking about a yellow dress I saw there.  So, I decided to go back.  I saw the yellow dress, and another star-dotted (it isn't studded) dress.  The yellow dress did not really fit me like I wanted, and I ended up going home with the other dress.  It looks very 50's.  (Cue 50's music: Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry)

A fascinating thing I found out is that at the bottom of my their shopping bag is a bible verse, John 3:16.  Made me smile.

4 comments:

  1. same here sis.. the first time i went there, i went home with nothing.. i dunno.. twice pa ko nagpababalik-balik.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mango_shake: Naalala ko, sa sobrang frustration ko dahil wala akong nabili, pumunta ko ng Mango. Halos magkatapat lang sila sa Mega diba? E sale... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. anubuzz? dun din ako pumunta after.. :D at sale nga.. december yun.. pero wala rin ako nabili kasi parang tira-tira n lang naabutan ko.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mango_shake: Talaga? Sayang. December din ako nagpunta. Last day of the year, if I remember correctly. Meron naman akong nabili. Work clothes, which I needed. Ang nami-miss kong puntahan e Topshop. :)

    ReplyDelete