Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 106: Sort-of Library

This is my sort-of library, which I need to organize.

I joined a book club with the intention of being able to read at least one book a month.  I've been able to do that.  The things is, in the last three months, I only manged to read one book assigned by the club.  All the other ones I've read were self-assigned, so I haven't been joining the discussions.  For example, I've been reading One Day by David Nicholls when I'm supposed to be reading The Girl Who Chased the Moon.  Well, Emma and Dexter were fascinating.  This sleeper hit is as charming as it's London setting.  This is given that I wasn't reading the book chronologically.  I normally wouldn't do that, but since the order of events does not follow a chronological order either, I figured it was fine.  Overall, I'd say I've finished about 85% of the book leafing through it the weird way that I did.  I think it's a good summer read.  Light, but with a punch.

I still need to read this month's assigned book, though.  Otherwise, I won't be able to join the discussion again.

4 comments:

  1. haha go na sis. As I've mentioned sa GT, mababaw lang yung plot so mabilis basahin :)

    Isa palang nami-missed ko sa book club. Yung first book. So far, ok naman ako.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Ako naman, yung una lang ang nabasa ko. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..sis ako din di ko pa nababasa yung books for April and I wasn't able to finish the one for March as well :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanne: Kailangan ko ngang mabasa yung for April. Makabawi man lang ako. :P

    ReplyDelete