Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 113: Spring Cleaning

The last few weekends I haven't felt totally productive.  I have planned on cleaning my apartment and unloading some of the junk I have accumulated through the years.  It's funny that I do not have some of the basic necessities of a household (like a fridge, for example), yet I have tons of useless things lying around.  I promised myself that I will clean up this weekend since there wasn't any planned activity that should take me out of the apartment, and I was also beginning to feel better (less coughing fits happening).

The trouble with spring cleaning, though, is that it's when my separation anxiety attacks.  For example, I wanted to clean out my closet of the clothes I do not get to use.  Some of them I have never used at all.  I had a firm resolve when I started with the task, but my resolve got weaker as I tried to decide which pile to put an item on.  I look at an article of clothing and I keep thinking I might need it at some obscure distant future.  Or, if I bought the perfect shoes for it, I'd eventually get to wear it.  Or if I alter it a bit, it would be perfect again.  To keep or not to keep, that is the question.  Hamlet didn't stand a chance.  What makes me think I do?

Well, unlike dear Hamlet, I'm not going to get suicidal over spring cleaning.  I have decided to let go of some of the non-valuable things I've kept, because I want to have enough space for new things.  If an event comes that I may need something I've already let go of, I'm sure I'll figure out a way to find something perfect for it.  It's symbolic of a whole lot of things, if you ask me.  Now, what do I do with all these clothes?

Clean-up music: Tell Me What To Do (Metro Station)

6 comments:

  1. Sis kung magkasing-size lang sana tayo, akin na lang! Hahaha :p Kaso yung mga damit mo, baka sa isang hita ko lang kasya :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time letting go. Ewan ko saan nanggaling yung personality na yun haha Pero there are times naman when I just give out my clothes to our helper. Ginawa ko rin silang kikay kasi namigay din ako ng body butter wahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here.. i have a (bad) habit of hoarding things then forgeting that i have this and have that.. but sometimes, i find it fun to search the closet for unused stuff.. even my daughter loves the idea of having an "Aladdin's Closet!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanne: Hehe... Sayang kasi, sis. Meron dito mga isang beses ko lang nagamit o never ko talaga nagamit. E parang lumampas na yung panahon niya sakin.

    @Dianne: I might sell the never/hardly used ones, sis. Or I'd round all of them up and donate them.

    @Kitchen Goddess: Masaya din, sis. Yun lang, wala ng space sa closet ko. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought ako lang ganun.. lahat pala tayo.. haha! i always plan of getting my closet clutter-free kaya lang it so hard to let go of my clothes kasi feeling ko papayat pa ulit ako.. lol.. sabi ng nanay ko mag garage sale n daw kami.. meron pa din ako mga clothes na years na sakin, hindi ko pa nasusuot.. i even still have letters and notes from my friends.. feeling ko tuloy basurahan na ko.. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mango_shake: May mga tinanggal na nga ko sa closet ko na nagpaparamdam sakin, parang gusto nilang bumalik. Hahaha... Hindi!!! :D

    ReplyDelete