Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 112: Rockstar

Taken at Heaven & Eggs while ending a Good Friday shift with breakfast.

Now, what does it take to be a rockstar?  While having breakfast, we were watching Madonna's concert.  I couldn't take my eyes off the screen while she performed Like A Prayer at the Sticky & Sweet tour.  She had this massive crowd in Argentina moving spontaneously at the same time in the same beat and chanting her name.  You see faces crying and laughing at the same time.  Say what you want to say, but this witch is a rockstar.  Only rockstars can have a legion of followers who will worship their every move with bated breathe.  I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but I will admit that if she does a concert here, I will watch.  And I don't care if she lip-sings the entire hour.  I'm not watching her because I want to hear her sing live.  I want to see her perform live.  She's like Michael Jackson.  There should be at least one song of theirs that you like.  I think, that's what rockstars are.  You will acknowledge their talent, notwithstanding whatever diva tantrum they throw.  You will still listen to their music, you will buy their album or stalk them on Twitter.  They have this insane ability to drive an entire stadium of people to do their bidding, sort of like royalty.

Now, I'm missing the high you get when you're in a concert.  It's like an explosion of endorphins.  That should be part of my goal this year.  To watch an amazing concert.

13 comments:

  1. Incubus is coming to the Philippines, this July I think. That oughtta be an amazing concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @blackshirt13: Ah, yes. That ought to be a good one. Inaantay ko ngang i-announce ang ticket prices. Sakto, naka-leave pa naman ako on that day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay... ang dami ko napalampas na concert pero pag pumunta ang U2, kahit mag-isa lang ako, go talaga ako.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dianne: Waaah!!! Pag pumunta sila, baka himatayin ako. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis, I'm not a huge Madonna fan too.. As in I don't know a lot of her songs except siguro yung latest. So wala yata ako gustong song nya kahit isa.

    Nung nag-Madonna episode ang Glee before, keri lang. Pero I liked the Like A Prayer song. First time ko siya narinig sa Glee. So ayun, gusto ko yung song kaso yung sa Glee na version nagustuhan ko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Joanne: Seryoso, sis? Favorite ko siguro yung Ray of Light na album niya. Try mo panoorin yung nasa link na performance niya ng Like A Prayer. Manghang-mangha ako. Namangha ako sa reaction ng audience, at namangha ako na kaya pa din niyang mag-perform ng ganun at 50.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis bakit ganon pag mahaba ang comment ko hindi napa-process!! Novela pa naman yun.. huhuhu :'(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok last na to.. I can't remember what I said lahat kanina!! Ano ba yan.. I said the first time she really registered on my radar was for the song Don't Cry for me Argentina tsaka You Must Love Me. During that time lang kc ako nahilig sa MTV. And there was a fuss over her because she starred on the movie Evita. Before that, wala talaga. I heard her other songs (I checked on Wiki all of her songs) pero during that time, I didn't know she sang those songs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So ayun nga.. I remember pa watching a MTV Music Awards nung high school ako and they sort of did a tribute on her and at that time, I didn't understand bakit may tribute sa kanya. Now I know na siempre and actually, even if I'm not a fan, I can appreciate how magaling she is on reinventing herself. Master na siya of that. Hindi siya nalalaos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tapos I watched the video na sis. Ang saya saya ng audience!! Sa Aregentina pala yun and I heard yung mga taga South America are very passionate people. I would have loved to be on that concert kasi ang energy grabe. Ang saya. Kahit hindi nga ako Madonna fan, parang sarap manood. Sana ganyan din energy if she have a concert saten. I thought nag-concert na siya saten pero hindi pa pala.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Joanne: Sorry, sis. Di ko alam bakit di napo-post yung comments mo. :( Sayang nga, lalo na kung mahaba na yung nasulat mo.

    Anyway, bilib din ako sa ability niya to reinvent herself. Lahat na yata nagawa niya. Sabi ng friend ko, sino daw kaya ang papalit kay Madonna. Ang sabi ko naman sa kanya, it's like Elvis. No one can replace the King.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love madonna songs.. nakakaindak lang! lol..

    pag nagconcert ulit ang snow patrol.. go ako! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. @mango_shake: Ah... Snow Patrol. Ako, basta wala akong pasok. Hahaha... Yan lang siguro bad trip sa night shift. :P

    ReplyDelete