Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 274: Palak Paneer and Naan

I'm sure some of you do not find this appetizing, but believe me it is.  Palak paneer and naan is one of my favorite Indian food.  You dip the unleavened bread (naan) in a bowl of palak paneer (cottage cheese in spinach curry sauce) and it's perfect!  A little like puto and dinuguan.  It goes well with a glass of lassi.

I never thought I'd like Indian cuisine.  I ended up trying it because I've worked with Indians and they introduced me to their dishes.  Their cuisine is very rich in flavor.  New Bombay ended up being one of my favorite restaurants.  Apart from this, I also like their tikka masala and makhanwala dishes.  If you're taste buds are adventurous, you may want to try it.

Add a little Indian music (Dhoom Taana (Om Shanti Om) and all you need is a sari and some Bollywood movie to complete it.

6 comments:

  1. Naan lang ang gusto ko sa Indian cuisine haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Haha... Dati din naan lang ako. Mas masarap pala ang naan with paneer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malalasahan ba yung curry? I don't eat curry kasi pero I eat cheese and spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis pag naririnig ko tikka masala naaalala ko talaga si Rob! Kasi something like that yung order nyang food dun sa Remember Me. Haha :p Hindi naman masyadong halata ang pagiging fan??

    Marami ako nakikita ganyan dito pati nga yang tikka masala pero never ko nata-try. Hindi ako masyado adventurous sa food. The only reason I tried eating yng biryani was because I already know the taste before pa because my MIL cooks that. So I knew what to expect. Pero sige nga next time I'll try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dianne: Medyo, sis. Pero di siya off na lasa. Mas lasa ko yung cheese, kung tutuusin. :P

    @Joanne: Hahaha. Natawa naman ako sa kung paano mo naalala yung tikka masala. Masarap din pala yung biryani. yan ang favorite naman ng friend ko. Ako, kung hindi palak paneer, makhanwala or tikka masala. Rich talaga yung lasa niya. :)

    ReplyDelete