Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 286: Ceramic

I got new plates!  I'm sure this isn't something to get excited about, but I like getting new things for my kitchen.  I went grocery shopping to stock up on my essentials and I found these plates at dirt cheap prices.  When I started living with friends, we only had plastic plates.  I shouldn't complain, since they served their purpose, but I dislike plastic dinner plates.  I also do not like sets in the same color and style.  I like ceramic plates.  It's funny how much dinnerware I have considering I'm on my own.  I have several plates and almost none of them match.  I have some designs that are similar but not in the same color.  I don't know, it's a little quirk I have.

4 comments:

  1. Uy! Nice! I'd like to have big ceramic plates, too... and in various colors. My mom used to collect sets but since the house help always breaks something, ngayon wala ng complete set sa bahay. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buying plates too. Dito sa amin, ako ang taga bili and I introduced to the family.... square ceramic plates hahahaha Nanibago pa sila nung una kasi nasanay sa bilog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow mukhang nice nga pag hindi pare-pareho yung style. Maganda pag yung colors complimentary din sa other colors ng ibang plates mo. Bakit nga ba when we're starting out, puro plastic nga yung kitchenware? Ganyan din kami sa mga una naming apartment when my friends and I started working. Usually yung 1 set siya na nabibili sa SM. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pink: Minsan talaga may moments ako na nagho-hoard lang ako ng ceramic plates. Ewan ko ba.

    @Dianne: The first ceramic plates I bought were square ones from a bazaar. I love them. They're huge plates that look more like decorative pieces. :D

    @Joanne: Etong binili ko, sis, plain lang sila. Pero iba-ibang kulay. I like the concept of mismatching things. :)

    ReplyDelete