Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 281: Gelato on a Rainy Saturday

Met up with a friend to have dinner and watch a movie.  We finished dinner early, so we decided to get gelato while waiting for the film to start.  My friend had Amarena (the pink one) and I had Straciatella (blurry one in foreground).  I love ice cream while it's raining.

There was an event at the store in front of Gelatone, and we sat eating our gelato while watching young folks in their party clothes looking savvy and cool.  I realized that I used to be one of those kids.  Not that I'm saying I'm old, but I somehow feel that I don't belong in that scene.  I guess, there will be a time when you will outgrow certain things.  I can't say it's getting old, because I don't feel old.  It's more of moving on.  You somehow get to a point where you realize, there's a lot more to life than this.  So, you go out and search for it.

6 comments:

  1. Looks yum sis! :)

    And ako naman sis I feel that way pag may nakikita na mga nanonood ng mga concerts/gigs. I was so into that scene back in college pero ayun nga, I outgrew it din. Although I'd love to watch local concerts again. Miss ko na nga ang UP Fair. Pero na-outgrow ko na siya and move on na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanne: Ako naman, I miss watching concerts. :D Yung party scene lang, parang ang bagets na nila. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I can't say it's getting old, because I don't feel old. It's more of moving on." my new favorite quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Not that I'm saying I'm old, but I somehow feel that I don't belong in that scene. I guess, there will be a time when you will outgrow certain things. I can't say it's getting old, because I don't feel old. It's more of moving on. You somehow get to a point where you realize, there's a lot more to life than this. So, you go out and search for it."

    Agree and I like! Haha! Ka-relate talaga... Wanted to post this yesterday but seems I have problems commenting in blogger sites using ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naku, can't relate kasi hindi ako ma-party na tao kaya pag nakakakita ako ng nagpaparty, I really can't relate kung bakit masaya pumunta sa isang lugar nag magiinuman at magsisigawan sa malalakas na tunog. Eto yung phase na never ko pinagdaanan haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @shoebox0fphotographs: Hehe... Thanks, sis. :)

    @Pink: Haha. Ganun yata talaga. Dadating ka talaga sa time na you get over it. All part of growing up.

    @Dianne: Haha... It was fun for me back then. Ewan ba. It's probably because of the company I had then.

    ReplyDelete