Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 301: Pumped Up Kicks

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, outrun my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, faster than my bullet

This is a very disturbing song.  However, it's also very catchy.  It has been my earworm for the last couple of weeks.  It's has a block party tune with angst-ridden lyrics.  I was so caught up with the upbeat melody that I didn't realize it had very dark lyrics until about the fifth play.  I think it's about disturbed kids, but not necessarily for them.  If you know what I mean.

I'd like to dedicate this to my class who made this shot possible.  I asked them to wear sneakers today, to get this shot.  They were very compliant.  Props for putting in that smiley face balloon, too.

4 comments:

  1. Sis another coincidence na kanina ko lang narinig yang song na yan (not the entire song pa) kasi last night I downloaded songs from the Billboard Top 100. Wala kasi ako news about new music here kasi wala kami radio (and even if meron yung pinapatugtog nila iba dito) tapos di na ko makanood ng music channels. So wala na ko alam when it comes to new music. Tapos ito na-DL ko nga kagabi pero kanina ko lang pinakinggan and di ko pa natapos. Pakinggan ko ulit later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanne: Ang upbeat ng melody niya, sis. Kung hindi mo nga papakinggan yung lyrics, parang ang saya-saya nung kanta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang freaky nga nung lyrics! haha Masaya nga siya at di mo iisipin na ganun yung lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dianne: Yep. Di mo mapapansin talaga kung hindi mo pakikinggan yung sinasabi.

    ReplyDelete