Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 278: Custard Pudding

My fridge smells like milk.  That's because I made myself some custard pudding.  I know it looks like a lot, but by the time you're reading this post, majority of it is gone.

I bought this instant custard pudding mix from a Japanese grocery store near where I live.  It's interesting because the entire instruction is in kanji and I had to Google how to do it.  It tastes pretty good, specially when you add the sugary topping (similar to arnibal).  I think I'll try making these next time with more milk.  I used only half a cup of milk for this, but I think I would like it creamier.

6 comments:

  1. Looks yum sis! I see a lot of custard mixes here as well but I've never tried it. Ang binibili ko lagi yung sugar-free gelatins na ready mix na din. All you have to do is mix with 1 cup hot water first then 1 cup cold water. Even if sugar-free, it's strangely addicting. Will try the custard mix next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanne: Nakaka-adik siya, sis. Ewan ko ba. Lately, nawiwili akong gamitin ang kitchen ko. Scary. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay to for dessert ah. ano ba lasa nito di pa ako nakakatikim ng custard pudding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @shoebox0fphotographs: Hmm... Milky na parang thicker na jell-o. Hirap i-explain. Haha... Basta masarap siya, sis. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meron pala nabibili na instant? LOL Akala ko gagawin from scratch talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dianne: Meron sis. Haha... :D Pero sa Hatchin ko din lang nakita 'to. :P

    ReplyDelete