Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 244: An Exercise in Boxing

I have been ranting about getting some exercise done for some time and have resolved to live a less lethargic lifestyle.  Finally, after much dilly-dallying, I wounded up working out with a very unlikely sport - boxing.

Yep.  I am taking up the sport that has made Manny Pacquiao famous.  A colleague is into boxing and has been using the sport to workout for about three months now, she's been encouraging us to try it out.  We finally found a gym near where we work that can accommodate us at a very early hour.  So, off to box we went.

I find it an interesting sport.  You do something else every three minutes.  Literally.  Stretch, run, speed ball, spar, punch bag, heavy bag, jump rope, stretch, cool down.  The cool down was my favorite.  It comes with a massage.  How fantastic is that?  I ached all over, but it felt great.  I guess, I like working out more than I lead people to believe I do.  I actually like the endorphin Rush (Dean Geyer).

6 comments:

  1. I used to go to a gym at cool down din ang favorite ko! haha Kung pwede nga lang gawing 30 mins to an hour yun, papayag ako.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Hehe. Ang saya ng cool down, kasi may stretching na pareho sa Pilates, so hindi siya masyado mahirap. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis parang gusto ko yan!! Ang saya naman! It looks like you'll be fit in no time sis. Sana meron din dito pero kahit meron hindi naman ako makapag-gym kasi wala mag-alaga kay Chen. Erratic ang sked ni hubby. Sayang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanne: Masaya siya, sis! Na-engganyo nga yung iba naming friends, ayun at parang isang baranggay na kaming pupunta bukas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, where in makati is this place? :)

    ReplyDelete