Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 268: Conversations Over Coffee at UCC

I spent a humid Sunday afternoon with a friend at UCC, drinking blended coffee while watching the light of the sky change.  We talked about major life changes, quarter-life crisis, living a healthier lifestyle, trying out new things, getting over bad habits and learning new ones.  I told her about getting into boxing and running, and she shared about wanting to take language classes.  There were so many things we wanted to do, and so many places we wanted to see.  I guess, it does prove that this is the age of restlessness.  I do not know why our generation seem to think that we do not have enough time to do everything we want.  It's as if we have somehow projected our mortality to be shorter than the rest, so we have to do everything now.  Which isn't really the case.

There were several things we talked about and some things we decided on.  It was an enriching discussion.  The conversation somehow inspired me to plan for several things.  Things I really want to do, and places I really want to visit.  Overall, it was a satisfying way to spend a laid back Sunday.

Wouldn't it be nice to have more Beautiful Days (Arashi) like this?

8 comments:

  1. good for you sis, we all need pep talks like that. Someone told me that in your teens, you are just trying to find yourself but it is really in your 20's that you really discover who you really are. Some may agree, some don't but for me I would say it definitely agreed with me. Childish pa kasi during my college years and walang ka muwang muwang :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @silverbarrow: Thanks, sis! Onga eh. Parang eto talaga yung age ng self-discovery. There's so much about myself that I did not really realize until recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good. Made me remember my 43 things list. Maybe that's what I'm gonna post today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you although I have yet to talk to someone with the same view haha Parang most na nakakausap ko (excluding you sis ha haha) ay hindi pa umaabot sa point of self-discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pink: 43 Things List? Hmm... I don't have one. Wala nga din akong Bucket List. Maybe I should start creating one.

    @Dianne: Ako naman, madaming friends na mahilig sa self-discovery. Ewan ko. Nagkataon lang siguro na the people around me are self-aware, or at least aim to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my bestfriend and i used to do this..kaya lang malayo na yun workplace nya so usually we eat out na lang.. pero nakakamiss yun convo over coffee til midnight.. i feel the same way, andami ko pa gustong gawin pero feeling ko wala ng time.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis I can't even remember when was the last time I had a meaningful conversation with a friend. Bigla ko tuloy na-miss. Malayo na kasi ako sa kanila and usually when we get-together, maramihan and puro kasiyahan lang. No time for in depth conversations. But I really miss this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mango_shake: Yan din feeling ko, sis. Parang mauubusan ako lagi ng oras. Para bang meron kang list ng mga bagay na dapat nagawa mo na before you hit 30. Pero bakit nga ba ko nagmamadali?

    @Joanne: Hindi kasi kami madalas magkita ng friends ko. Pero kapag nagkikita kami, madalas talagang nauuwi sa ganyang usapan. :)

    ReplyDelete