Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 214: Out of the Shelf

These are things that should be on my shelf, however, I do not have enough space for them.  Ergo, they end up in front of the TV.  They make a pretty decent accent, if I may say so myself.

My apartment is littered with books.  I shame Mother Earth with the amount of paper I have in my apartment (books, journals, cute and useless what-nots).  I've been trying to curb this seemingly obsessive compulsion I have to acquire printed material.  I try not to print at work, but at home, I have countless paperbacks.  I say it's because I can't seem to keep myself engaged with an e-book.  It does not give you the same feeling as reading from an actual paper.  I've been having this weird conversations with myself, What If (Kate Winslet) I got an e-reader?  It would probably do the trick.  I'm just not sure just how comfortable I'd be with that.  Or I may just be finding an excuse to spend on another gadget.

8 comments:

  1. from one bookworm to another, nothing still feels good to me than threading with my fingers the pages of a worn out book...thank God for Booksale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to feel the same way with reading from an actual book. But all these changed when I have my kids already and I need to run around with lots of stuff. One less book is a ton lighter in my gigantic bag. That's why I now appreciate e-books which is saved in my mobile phone. (Still contemplating buying an e-book reader).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try mo muna sis yung ebook reader. While nothing beats the real book, traveling with it is a pain in the arse. So may pros and cons din ang book and ebook reader and wala naman masama if you own both haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @silverbarrow: Ah, yes. Madami-dami din akong nauwing libro from Booksale. :D

    @Pinay Mom: I tried saving some in my phone, too. Hindi ko matiyagaang basahin, ewan ko ba.

    @Dianne: Haha... Ayun na lang ang solusyon. Kuha na lang ako pareho. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ako naman super love ko si nook ko.. heheh.. ang daming free ebooks tapos if gusto ko talaga yng story, dun ko na lang binibili yung real book for my collection... heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @princessposh: Maybe I should get one to appreciate it. Haha. Excuse ko talaga. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clutter is one of the main reasons why I got a Kindle in the first place. Even with half my books out "sa pahiraman" the clutter left here is still considerable enough to raise my mother's ire everytime I buy a new book. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @blackshirt13: Haha... Ako naman, it's not so much the clutter as the carbon footprint. I just feel really guilty with the amount of paper I have. :|

    ReplyDelete