Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 323: Millenium

This year is the year I spent reading the Millenium Trilogy.  On off days, I would sometimes spend hours in a coffee shop reading.  I know it sounds superficial, but I do this so I can get out of the confines of my apartment.  Not that I don't like it at home, it's just that I cannot just stay inside the whole time.  I can, but I guess, I refuse to.  


This book has taken me to all sorts of highs and lows.  Lisbeth Salander is probably one of my favorite fictional characters to date.  This girl puts meaning to the aphorism "don't get mad, get even".  I don't care if she's a sociopath.  She, at least, has strong moral ethics.  The things she do, are things done not out of spite, but out of a strong sense of justice.  That's a lot more than most people do for self-preservation.

5 comments:

  1. Excited ako sa movie kahit naninibago ako sa Lisbeth dito. Did you know na yung girl who played Lisbeth in this new version played Zuckerberg's ex-gf (1st scene) sa Social Network?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dianne: Ang director kasi ng US version is yung director ng Social Network. I loved the Swedish version, pero yung trailer ng US film is very intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hala di ko pa din nababasa to sis!! I should really start it kasi malapit na lumabas ang movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until now I haven't read anything. My foreign boss has actually even recommended this one to me. Gotta read this when I take my break from working...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Joanne: Naku, sis, kinakabahan nga ko at baka next year pa siya ipalabas dito dahil sa MMFF. :(

    @Pink: Go, sis! Yung simula niya is not easy to read, but once you get to the part where it gets exciting, hindi mo na siya matigilan.

    ReplyDelete