Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 26: Dear Darla

Spent this lazy Sunday on a veggie binge.  Well, as much of a veggie binge as I could do, anyway.  I also indulged the 8 year old in me with a Disney marathon.  I'm on Frozen, which is a current favorite.  I lived by it's soundtrack during the last two grueling weeks of my certification.  Every now and then my peers and I would belt out an Elsa or Anna line to lighten us up.  I think I'll remember the last two weeks as an abundance of sugar, quotes, and music from Frozen.  On hindsight, I think the experience is close to career-changing.  At the same time, this was the only certification I went through that I actually have doubts if I will attain.  I'm still a little scared.  There are instances in life, though, that you leave to fate, the gods, or whoever is out there who have it for me.  This, I think, is one of them.

Regarding Frozen, by the way.  I think it's great that Disney is creating layers on their characters.  I find it interesting that Elsa's character was not strictly depicted as a villain.  I like the fact that there are no cut and dry villains nor perfect heroes in the story.  They have layers, which I think is closer to how people are.  It's also curious that Elsa's signature song "Let It Go" reminds me of Elphaba's "Defying Gravity", which Idina Menzel also sang.  The two characters have the same complex.  They're both misunderstood and ostracized for doing things they believed were right.  Curious, isn't it?

Song: Frozen Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment