Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2: The Usual

Back to work today.

And, boy, do I feel lazy...

Since coming back to work means going back to the tasks left pending during the holidays, a caffeine fix is in order.  I often start the day visiting the local Starbucks for my peppermint mocha.  I love that the baristas know my "usual" enough that I don't have to say it everyday.  I'm the one who gets the tall hot peppermint mocha with stirred whip.  When the peppermint syrup runs out, I get mint mocha.  It's a close substitute for the rest of the year when my favorite drink is not available.

I think my caffeine addiction is partly psychological.  I insist that I do not feel human until I get coffee, so I indulge.  People who know me attest, though, that I'm a bitch without it.  So, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment