Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 349: Macau Tower

Gorgeous, isn't she?

Today, I went around the city on my own.  I'm going to sound really arrogant, but having visited Macau several times, I guess it makes sense that I understand the transit system.  My friend says that I've been here so many times, I cannot really be classified as a tourist.  I'm more of a returning expat.  Hahaha.  I was a bit nervous about going to the Tower since I've never been there on my own.  Turns out there's a bus that goes directly to the Tower from the bus stop near where my friend lives.  I got lucky.

This tower is famous for being the highest bungee jump in the world.  The jump itself costs like an extortion.  Around 9000Php for one person.  People still pay to jump, though.  Surprisingly, there were a lot of folks who paid to put their lives at risk when I went there.  It was one after the other.  I was watching them jump one by one while reading and having coffee and cheesecake at the Singing Bean Coffee.  The view is amazing there as you can see people jump off the SkyJump simultaneously with the sun setting off the bridge.  The sunset is glorious from this side.  I'm adding a photo of it after the jump.  Remember those things I said that sometimes you see and make you marvel at how great God is for creating such things?  A sunset is one of those things.  I don't know what I did to deserve seeing such beautiful things, but I'm glad I'm blessed enough this way.  You somehow just Breathe (Michelle Branch) it all in.



4 comments:

  1. Both photos are beautiful!!!

    I want to do the sky jump kaso ang mahal nga nung price. Ayaw ko ng bungee, sky jump carry pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete