Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 345: Beautiful Mess

It was a busy day.  I'm happy to report that the Christmas Ball was a resounding success!  I ran around for the most part, with about ten people stepping on my train the entire night.  Which was funny.  I did not trip all over my face like I feared, though, so it was all good.  I realize that  during events like these, as much as it's a great opportunity to take photos, I never really find time in the middle of it all, nor do I have the inclination to do so.  Aside from the fact that I'm horrible with portraits.  So, let's just not try.  I'm often busy running around as an usherette or something else, anyway.  I think, these are moments that I prefer to live in, rather than capture.  That's probably a weird thing to say for someone who likes photography.  That's also probably why I prefer doing landscapes.  Capturing a moment in landscape is the same as living in it.  So, I don't really miss anything.  Yes, I'm selfish that way.

I took a picture of the worktable of our make-up artist, though.  It looked dramatic, and I liked how it turned out.  So, when I got this shot, I left the camera alone.

Beautiful Mess (Jason Mraz), isn't it?

5 comments:

  1. It is a Beautiful Mess, indeed! :)

    color_violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, was the Christmas Ball for a work thing? I must say you all look amazing that night! Parang magical talaga. :) And it looks like you really had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, bakit di ko nakita sa Wall ko tong Christmas Ball LOL I will check later. In the meantime, nakaka-relate ako sayo, I like taking photos pero bihira lang talaga sarili ko pero minsan pumapayag na ko para may picture din ako sa event na yun. For keepsake lang LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot! And just like you I prefer doing landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @color_violet: It is, isn't it? The makeup artist was really good, too. :)

    @Joanne: Yup. It was for work. Thanks, sis. The girls put in time for it. :)

    @Dianne: Naka-tag lang ako sa posts, sis. Di ko alam kung lalabas siya sa wall ng friends ko, pero nasa timeline ko siya. Ayoko ng intindihin ang patakaran ng Facebook. Mau-ulol lang ako. :P

    @Pink: Thanks, sis! I love landscapes kasi. :)

    ReplyDelete