Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 346: Lomai

Welcome to Macau!  First order of business is a trip to Loja Canja Lok Fu.  Well, there was a side trip to get milk tea from Come Buy (I know it's a funny name, but they have really good milk teas).  Loja Canja Lok Fu is a hole in the wall noodle house where the you will find the best lomai you will ever taste in your life.  I'm not kidding.  I've been here every time I visit Macau and it never grows old.  My friends who live in Macau still go to this restaurant at least twice every month.  There's something about the noodles that's just different.  It's dry noodles, but the taste is all there.  I've never tasted anything like it anywhere.  Writing about it is already making my mouth water by just remembering how it tastes.

The place is also well-known to locals.  It's normal to wait for a seat to be available.  The facility has not much to offer and even if the staff is nice, they do not serve your food as fast as other restaurants do.  However, people still go back.  I've heard that they would sometimes close for an entire season and would open business when they feel like it.  Patrons still go, anyway.  There's really something about their noodles that's just addicting.

1 comment:

  1. It looks yummy nga sis! Gusto ko tuloy kumain ng noodles.

    ReplyDelete