Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 54: Feel Good Music

I live my life with a soundrack.  Unless I can't or shouldn't, you would more or less see me with my headphones stuck in my ears.  I even sleep with the player on.  Nothing starts your day better than feel good music to wake you up.  It makes waiting for coffee less annoying.  I particularly like waking up to feel good music.  The kind of music that makes you feel it's all good.  Ok, I read that last line and I sounded like a crackpot.

Through the years, I have learned to appreciate music in whatever form, figure, beat, or language it comes in.  I have enjoyed OPM, rock, alternative, indie, jazz, ska, reggae, soul, blues, ballad, R&B, pop, hip hop, rap, techno, trance, electronic, classical, bluegrass, tribal, chants, celtic, folk, country, rock and roll, gospel, and choir respectively at certain points of my existence.  I go back to certain favorites, of course.  In music, though, what matters is the sound.  I may not understand a word of it, but if I liked it, I would listen to it.  It simply has to be Something That I Want (Grace Potter).

8 comments:

  1. lol i love the crackpot comment :)

    i really admire your willingness to venture into different kinds of music. i've lost that adventurous approach. pero here's to feel good music. the ones that make the rush hour, the commute and daily toil more... bearable? (ako na ang isa pang windang) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree ako sa yo Sis!

    I love Dr Dre Beats, lalong gumaganda ang soundtrip. Bought my bf that last christmas and it's definitely worth the price! Ang ending lagi ako ang gumagamit hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to love all music genres too pero di ko talaga carry this time yung rock na sumisigaw lang yung vocalist and reggae. And house music kasi I don't like clubbing haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a "Feel Good" playlist on my ipod at mejo weird kasi puro girls ang kasama. Puro kay Hikki, Sundays, Angun, Tori A., Alanis, Chantal K, Maria Mena,Sarah M.,Michelle Branch etc etc. Girl Power! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mooncake: Hehe... Tama naman ang context mo eh. :P Here's to feel good music!

    @myealexis: I love my Beats! Sobrang sulit for what it's worth. :D

    @dianne: I have a very diverse group of friends. Minsan may ipaparinig lang silang song, tapos sold na ko. :)

    @john: Haha... Parang Lilith Fair music yan ah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tama. How i wish na magka Lilith fair ulit at masama si Hikki sa mga magpe-perform! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @John: Wala ng Lilith Fair 'no? Sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love singing to Feels Like Home by Chantal K. Very laid back.

    ReplyDelete